Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Friday, May 20, 2005

E3 2005 (Day 2)

So, I woke up early again and fought traffic all the way down to the Convention Center. Only this time, I got there at 10AM! ;) Yay! Today, I came alone. So, I was determined to get all the free stuff I could get my hands on. The following is an account of all the crazy and fun things that happened to me:

I started my day by waiting in line to get a hat and an anime poster signed by some famous artist that I don't even know. From there, I went to the Nintendo booth to get in line for what I thought was going to be the first glimpse at the Nintendo Revolution. Sadly, it only ended up being the new Zelda game: Twilight Princess. However, there was a staffer there who let me cut in line because he thought I was "too cute to have to be waiting in line for anything." That was nice because he helped me cut 2 hours off my waiting time ;) But the real reason I was waiting in line was so I could meet my mystery man. Five guys showed up, but none of them was the guy I was hoping for. So, I had to turn them away bwahahahaha :P But I do give them props for having the balls to approach me :)

While I was waiting in line, alone, I got really bored. So, I decided to fuck with some of the people around me. My diabolical plan? Pretending to be a marketer conducting interviews on consumer gaming demographics. I started asking all these kids who were my age what they thought about the direction of this or the elements of that. I got them to believe I was a 34 y/o doing undercover work dressed in young people's clothing. God, people are so gullible. :P

The moment I got inside the Zelda demo booth is when my awesome day really started. Some staffer had to kick me off my game so a more important guy could try it out. So, when I pouted and looked disenfranchised, he gave me a rare DS stylus that he was wearing on his neck to make it up to me :D After that, I took this amazing picture with Link. I swear I do not usually look like this. Ever.


hi Posted by Hello

Anyway, I could go on and on about everything I got and how I totally exploited men's weakness for women (because I did), but I won't. However, I will tell you that it made me feel incredibly amazing to have all that male attention. For once in my life, I didn't feel "just average". I felt "pretty" today, and I haven't felt this radiant in a long, long time. And I think that shows, even in the pic :)

Now, on to the reviews! Heroes of Might and Magic V looks gorgeous! As do many other computer games this year. The focus seems to be on engaging the player with lush graphics versus building on new ways of playing games. Thus, for the next year, computer games will remain more or less the same in terms of playability. The only thing that will be constantly upgraded is the quality of the visuals.

As for the consoles, the Nintendo Revolution is rumored to have an online port which Nintendo will provide FREE online support for its gamers. Also, it will have the ability to play any Nintendo game ever created thanks to the ability to download, much like the Nintendo DS. The PS3 has a more sleek design and comes with a croissant/boomerang-shaped controller and is rumored to have the ability to support 7 players without a hub! The Xbox 360 will have the expected amenities to keep it competitive as a console. As usual, its "media center" feature is what will place it apart from the rest.

Games to look out for in the future: Heroes of Might and Magic V (PC), Sly Cooper 3 (PS2), Mario Party 7 (GC), Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC), Pokemon XD (GC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Soul Caliber 3 (PS2), City of Villains (PC), Prince of Persia 3 (Xbox), and the list goes on... Happy gaming, everyone! :D

8 Comments:

  • At 4:58 AM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    I think it's hilarious that you aren't afraid to use mens weaknesses like that. We deserve it sometimes. Plus, it's fun just to talk to sexy women anyway.

    I used to pretend I was someone else all the time when I took beach trips alone. I'd go weekly to the beach and on the way I would invent a persona and 'wear' it all weekend. It was fun plus it kept me anonymous. :)

     
  • At 7:17 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Giest - I changed the privacy restriction on my picture. It should work now.

    I'm a loyal Nintendo fan, myself. The PS3 and Xbox 360 just don't do anything for me... and I haven't even seen the Revolution yet! :P

    YB - Pouting and looking cute just to make men go soft is the funnest thing ever. It's crazy that stuff like that even works in the first place! :P

    I used to use different accents while answering the phone at work to keep myself amused. I'll have to try the weekend persona thing. I'm sure it's hot ;)

     
  • At 8:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    While you were out exploiting men, my group presented the best project in the history of project presentation.

    We went out to celebrate at Acapulco's, went to see if you were home (because I couldn't find my phone and in my mind your phone number consists of finding and holding the "3" key, apparently that doesn't work on public phones though), and you weren't.

    You missed it. Beer, bad service, and fun times were had by all.

    Of course, we all got to mess with the white boy. Them crackers are such fun to mess with.

    TMAnon

     
  • At 8:43 AM , Blogger Rarry said...

    Shit I would have let you cut in line too...Im a sucker for hot pouty asian girls.

    P.S. Link is a lucky bastard.

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    you hottie!

    the pouting is like magic. hehe.

     
  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger grace said...

    how'd you get into e3? do you write for a pub?

    who was the artist?

    zelda's going to be awesome.

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    TMAnon - You weren't the only one who got to mess with a white boy ;) "Them crackers are such fun to mess with". I agree whole-heartedly :P

    Larry - Meow. Well then, I'm a sucker for cute, chivalrous Italian guys :P

    LE - It's so funny when guys try to stick to their guns and then you pout and after awhile, they're like, "Oh, okay..." It makes the little jump for joy when you get what you want all the more satisfying :P hahaha

    Grace - My friend got me into E3, but I wish I wrote for a pub! Then I could have a PRESS badge! :D

    The artist was some Asian guy named Falcon. Ring any bells?

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Q - you have elfish ears? I had no idea. Who's that hot chick you're with by the way?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home