Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Monday, May 23, 2005

My Sleeping Pattern Got Jacked

On Saturday nite, David, my friend from Vegas, had a flight scheduled for 10:15PM at LAX. So, I got him there by 9PM just to make sure he got through the terminal with time to spare. As soon as I get home and start to unwind, he calls me and tells me that it's my fault that he didn't make his flight and he rescheduled it for 7AM, Sunday morning. Okay, first of all, since when did 75 minutes not become enough time to catch a flight? And secondly, when did this become my fault? I sincerely think fault should instead be owed to the 405. :P

Now, it takes me about 45 minutes each way to get to LAX. By this time, it's 11PM and his ass is telling me to drive my ass back over to LAX to pick him up, only to take him back at 5AM so he doesn't miss his flight again. Of course, I protest, telling him to sit his ass down in the terminal and wait for 6 hours. Here's my logic: If it takes me 45 minutes each way to get to LAX, then that means he wanted me to pick him up just so he could "hang out" with me for 4.5 hours. WTF? That's just a waste of my gas and time. Ugh. But because I'm a kind hearted soul, I went and picked him up so he didn't have to wait there for all of 6 hours *sigh*

I wouldn't have minded picking him up and letting him play video games in the living room while I got some sleep (please keep in mind this is the nite immediately after the whole drunk party fiasco), but does he? No. Instead, he wants me to drive him around to get snacks. Eventually, we get home and I lock him out of my room and get 90 minutes of sleep. 90 minutes later, I had to wake up and take his ass back to LAX at 4 in the morning... Remind me never to offer up my apartment as a place to stay for out-of-towners again.

So yesterday, I was studying and composing and rehearsing all day because this week is finals week. I got home @ 8PM and just crashed. I ended up waking up at 1AM and then worked on one my final projects until 4AM and crashed again.

It's now almost 3PM and I think I'm going to crash again. Damn LAX. Damn David. Damn finals week. Damn jacked sleeping pattern.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ah...the joys of college life.

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    good luck w/ finals!

    that's one thing about college that i don't miss.

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    How can you miss a flight with a 75 minute lead time? Something is wrong there.

    You sure are a kind hearted soul. I would have left him there. I had a 5 hour layover once in Newark NJ. It was pretty fun. Also a 3 hour one in London. That was cool too. He would have found some entertainment somewhere.

    Does this mean I can't crash at your place when I visit Cali? ;)

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    So really how did he miss his flight? And..if he did miss it, they could have put him on a different one if he asked. Something's weird about that.

    Good luck on your finals, and hope your sleeping patterns don't affect your brain's knowledge. :)

     
  • At 6:42 AM , Blogger Cam said...

    Ouch! WTF was he thinking!?!

    Friends and airports. They can be such joys or such disasters. Sorry it was the latter.

    ..and Good luck on your finals girl!
    ..

    Oh, and whats that starting bid gonna be on your top? :) -lol

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Quyen said...

    LE - You finally posted a pic! Meow.

    YB - You're right, 75 minutes is PLENTY of time to get around an airport. Sometimes, I don't know how they manage to mess things up.

    Yes, I am a kind hearted soul. No, you can't stay at my place. (Well, maybe if you go rent a car and leave me alone :P)

    Peachy - The only answer I've come up with as to why he missed his flight is that he's just stupid. (You were expecting something witty and elaborate, weren't you? :P)

    SQG - Thanks for visiting :) Thanks for the best wishes on my finals.

    The starting bid on my top is going to be "one kiss". However, the reserve is set at "full body massage". Happy bidding! :D

    Tblue - Good luck to both of us! ;)

     
  • At 10:12 AM , Blogger Rarry said...

    I got the reserve covered no problem. What would it take to "Buy it now" ;P

     
  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

    Hmm. Sounds like my sleep pattern before I started takin' all these heavy meds. Now I can't stay up past midnight anymore unless I drink practically a pot of coffee.

     
  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    Giest - He has a Nintendo DS! *sigh*

    Larry - Let's just say the "Buy It Now" price involves handcuffs, lace, and flavored lube ;) Meow.

    Yoj - Thanks for visiting my site :)

    Okay folks! We have two bids for my sexy top at the reserve price of "full body massage". Can anyone beat that? ;)

    James - Thanks for visiting my site, too! :)

    I wish I had your problem. Sleep would be a good idea right about now.

     
  • At 12:40 PM , Blogger grace said...

    what a loser. screw him :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home