Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Should I Quit?

So, I started school at 9AM yesterday with a PolySci class, then went to a Musicianship class, and then to a Baroque performance practices class. I had a 45 minute break and then went to a Western Civ class, and then I had to run over to the music department to take a lesson with a new viola teacher they are thinking about hiring.

I have mixed opinions about the viola teacher. He gave some good tips on preparing orchestral excerpts, but he had a very narrow view on his Bach, and when he performed, I think he took too many liberties with the Mozart (considering it's Mozart :P) My conclusion: He has a nice viola :P

After the lesson, I prepared an audition for the orchestra, then went back home to change for kung fu and headed to my last class: Biology of Cancer. This class is so freaking scary, yet informative. I think everyone is going to get cancer and die. There are so many ways you can get it, even just by breathing in air on a ground level building! It's crazy. One day, they'll declare it an epidemic.

Anyway, here's the real reason I'm posting. I haven't been feeling like I want to go to Kung Fu anymore. It's just not fun for me anymore and the energy/vibe is not what it used to be. Usually, I can have a bad day and go to Kung Fu and I will feel better at the end. But lately, I still feel like shit at the end, even though I'm supposed to have tons of happy hormones swimming around in my brain :P This semester is going to be a tough one, and I don't know whether or not to quit Kung Fu?

6 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM , Blogger LE Sweetz said...

    maybe you need a change in routine. you could always try some other physical activity.

    personally i don't do anything unless i'm really into it. :)

     
  • At 8:00 PM , Blogger peachy said...

    You have so many classes on one day. Maybe you can switch days and you won't be so stressed out. I wouldn't want to see you quit either, but on exam day for Bio, you'll really not want to be there.

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Chris said...

    You have a senior recital to prepare for, a major role in the orchestra, and a heavy work load without the stress of school and kung fu factored in yet.

    If you're burned out on kung-fu, it might be better to stop before it becomes a source of frustration and resentment.

    Give yourself some time off, recharge your power cell :-P, and get back to kung fu when you're ready for it. It would be a shame to see kung fu become nothing more than another obligation and stress factor.

    Or, as geist said, give it some time and try to figure out why you feel so blah about kung fu lately. Why might it be that you lose interest in things so often?

     
  • At 10:46 PM , Blogger PlatinumGirl said...

    You sound very busy. It makes me tired just reading it. Or maybe I'm just tired because I've been up since 5 and it's now almost 11. Maybe you should sleep on it.

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    If it has become a chore, you may want to take a break. You can always get back to it when you feel ready. You're schedule is pretty hectic right now. Maybe that has a lot to do with it.

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Moenik said...

    You're obviously uptight. I mean seriously, you're concerned that the viola teacher is taking too many liberties with Bach and Mozart? Come on. It is the 21st century. Bach and Mozart lived a long time ago, and there is no need to play their works as if we are still living in the 18th century. Music is supposed to me creative not stuffy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home