Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Dilly-O

So, it's come to my attention that I haven't actually posted anything of substance in awhile :P So, here is a big long list of what's been going on in my life since my last non-poetry/non-picture post ;)

- Toasty, my ex-kitty who I gave to Chris after she got evicted from my apartment, came down with a 104.2 temperature and had to go to the vet. Apparently, she stopped eating for 2 weeks and was so dehydrated that they had to put her on an IV or she would have died :( I visited her a few days before this all went down and noticed her hair was really, really orange. Interestingly enough, the reason why it was so orange was because her body used the last remnants of water from her hair to stay alive! Poor baby :( I hear she's doing a little better, one day at a time.

- My mother just bought a new house in Prescott, Arizona. Apparently, she's going to move out there, and my sisters might go with her to open up a day spa (their life dream). They've asked me to become a massage therapist/esthetician and be part of the family business. However, just because my family is ridiculously entrepreneurial (they've opened up 6 businesses before) doesn't mean I'm going to go with them. I think I've found a home here in the Valley. Plus, I don't think I could just stop teaching and leave my kids. But, I have to admit, the thought does cross my mind whether to stay here or go with them...

- My new raise I got at work was put into effect and I make about $200 more per month than I used to :D With the extra money, I bought a new bedframe (previously, my mattress had been sitting on the floor) :P My apartment is really starting to come together, and redecorating has actually taken the place of dating in my life. In fact, I've lost most of my faith in men and finding someone who's both decent and compatible with me (more on this in a blog to come). On the financial downside, my rent got raised again :(

- I believe dancing is the best workout - EVER! :D I went dancing at The Avalon with one of my friends from kung fu. It's this big theatre on Hollywood and Vine that was renovated and turned into a dance club. I must have danced a little over 4 hours that nite :D Apparently, I was dancing pretty hard because the heel on my shoe broke within the first 10 minutes on the dancefloor :P But that didn't stop me, because I just tore the other one off and kept dancing hehehe ;) I haven't checked yet, but I swear I'm now 5 lbs. lighter! So now, I'm going to dancing at least once a month - you know, for the fitness aspect of it all ;)

Anyway, I think that about covers it. Oh yeah. School starts for me next week. So, I'll be super busy with getting my life in order around that time. It's a good thing that the classes that I teach ended this week. That way, I'll have some extra time to get used to my busy schedule before the nest set of classes start :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    Sounds like everything's going well.
    How come Toasty is dehydrated? I hope she's not too stressed out at her new place.

     
  • At 9:29 AM , Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

    Oh, poor Toasty! I hope she feels better...Glad that everything else is going well for you!

     
  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger LE Sweetz said...

    sorry about your cat.

    what is it about asians and running their own businesses? my dad is on his 4th or 5th small biz. they are incapable of working for the man, i guess. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home