Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Damn That Reverse Psychology

Well, apparently, my conductor's plan to "get me out of my funk" is working. I've been feeling really excited about leading a section again. It's like it's all coming back to me again :D Last nite, I had major insomnia and stayed up till 5AM putting fingerings and bowings into parts! :o I know. I'm insane. :P

But it feels really good to be throwing myself into something headlong - even if I know it'll eventually exhaust my time and energy. Because of that, I've decided to take a break from Kung Fu for awhile. I may still practice on my own just to work out, but the weekly minimum time commitment of 6 hours is too much for right now. Not to mention the fact that it also costs about $65 in gas per month just to drive back and forth to class! Couple all that with the $100 it costs to be a member per month, and it ends up not being worth it with everything I have going on right now. :(

However, I was talking to my friend and he was saying that since Kung Fu was considered my leisure activity that I'd need something fun in my life to help balance out all the work and school. He's right. Without an outlet to unwind, I may go crazy. So, I've decided to try out for the Goldberg String Quartet. I've been a member once before, but it was a horrible experience because I was too immature and too much of a diva to really be a productive member of a string quartet. Maybe this time will be different. If there's one thing that surpasses my love of food, it's my love of chamber music :) Wish me luck! ;)

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home