Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Friday, May 27, 2005

Kicking Ass... Asian-Style

So, since finals are over (YES!!!), I went to Kung Fu class last nite for the first time in almost a month! When I got there, I was surprised to see how many new people were there! It was like there was a whole martial arts troupe there ready to kick some ass! We started with some stretching, and since I haven't stretched for the past month, it was like an old friend. It felt so good to feel my body loosening up and really taking up space. Then, we did kicking drills which I quit 1/2 way through because the last time I did kicking drills, I pulled my hip and then complained that I wasn't having enough sex. Well, I haven't had sex in about 3 weeks. So, I wasn't taking any chances :P To end my 2 hour workout, I practiced with my 2-section staff (nunchukas). That felt like an old friend, too. I can't describe the exhilaration and power that comes from wielding a weapon that can backfire on you with just one tiny mistake. Plus, I look freaking HOT with the 'chuks ;)

The thing I realized last nite is that Kung Fu keeps me in balance. When I was practicing my fighting forms, I was totally in the moment. I wasn't thinking about anything but me and my body. I was only concentrating on having my body make beautiful shapes and moving fluidly. I'm really glad that I went to Kung Fu last nite. It was like it was exactly what I needed right now with everything going on. It made me feel like I have control over my body, and in turn, like I have control over my life. There's so much power associated with the art of Kung Fu. And I begin to realize why the masters of the art remain calm when their fists and feet are flying - there is so much power in everything we say and do that we should always be in complete control of that power at all times. I'm so thankful for the positive influence that Kung Fu has had on my life. It keeps me humble but has also gone a long way in helping to develop my self-esteem and confidence :)

13 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Kis Lee said...

    woohoo, congrats on finishing your finals! sounds like you're feeling a little better.

    i kinda missed your kung-fu updates. hope you're whipping your hot self into good shape. :)

     
  • At 10:06 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    I was wondering when school was over. Congrats on completing another semester.

    Kung fu sounds so awesome. I like the updates too.

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Rarry said...

    Nice... hot and dangerous *rawr*

     
  • At 12:02 PM , Blogger grace said...

    sweet! that sounds like fun. i think i'm waaay too klutzy for that kind of shit, though. hehe

     
  • At 1:58 PM , Blogger David said...

    I found you!

    Oh well now that you're talking about Kung Fu I want to go too. I've never done it so I'll look like a fool at first but it does sounds interesting!

    And yeah keep that up, concentrate on yourself outside your house.

    Oh by the way, that's a very hot picture you got in your profile!

    I'm out!

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

    3 weeks?!! You poor, poor girl!!! I'm sure you did look damn hot with the 'chuks!! I have always wanted to study Kung Fu but have just never done it.

     
  • At 2:14 AM , Blogger geezer squeezer! said...

    i used to do judo but i gave it up because i kept falling over....

     
  • At 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yay for you!! finals are over.. hehe.. now you can go out and find a boy to play with. :P

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    I know what you mean.

    I just started doing Aikido again (different to Kung Fu, I know) after not having done it since I was a teenager, and it feels like meeting a VERY old friend. I think when we we doing the warm-ups of the first couple of forms that it all just fell straight back into place for me, and it felt really good.

    Nice blog.

     
  • At 4:54 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    I had been wondering what was up with your martial arts training. That sounds like something that helps you focus.

    I'll bet you "look freaking HOT with the 'chuks'". That wouldn't be a stretch to imagine at all. ;)

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i posted a comment and it didn't make it for some reason. fucking lousy technology.

    at first glace, i thought the title of this post was "Kissing Ass . . . Asian Style" I think you need to write a post on that just because.

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

    I need a little Kung Fu in my life. Balance would be great.

     
  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger Quyen said...

    LE - Kung Fu is the best workout ever!

    Peachy - I'm so glad the semester is over :P

    Larry - Still think you can handle me? ;)

    Grace - You're not a klutz... You're Asian! Martial arts is in your genes! ;)

    David - I'm trying to keep my mind off of him...

    James - One day, I'll post sexy pictures with my chuks and my fan ;)

    Geezer - My dad used to do Judo... That is some scary shit!

    Julia - Wish me luck in finding a boy! :D

    Kallun - Thanks for visiting my blog! :) Aikido is the one with the skirt, right?

    YB - Okay, you've convinced me. One day I'll post some pics with the chuks ;)

    Duckie - How does one "kiss ass... Asian style"? I guess that's for me to figure out :P

    CL - Everyone needs something to balance out their lives.

    Fishy - Owie. Yoga hurts my body lol :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home