Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Meditation with Dan

Tonite, my good friend Dan came to visit and offered to lead a guided yoga meditation. I was hesitant at first as I was trying to win at solitaire, but I eventually gave in to turning the lights off, clearing some space on the floor, and lighting some candles.

As I was getting deeper into the breathing and the meditation, my work became a mesh of Wicca, yoga, and Kung Fu. I started to expand my energy, stretching myself into all the corners of my apartment. We internally chanted, "An open heart heals the world". Then, when we were done, we laid on the floor and closed our eyes.

As I closed my eyes, I had an out of body experience. When I was younger, I used to experience it all the time. But tonite, my alter ego fell from inside of me. She then sprang up into the night air, and upon finding it cold, sprouted a flurry of flowing white banners from her back. I could feel and see what she was feeling and seeing. And when her luminous wings sprang from her, it felt so warm. She lowered herself to my physical body which felt like a vessel, a carcass, and she looked at me. I could see myself through her eyes and I looked so tired and unadorned. She came and hugged me and laid her head on my shoulder. And it felt so good. So good.

She then hovered over me and spoke words inside my head: "You are an angel, and we are one in the same. You are the angel of war. You are the angel of beauty. You are mother to us all, and everyone's worst adversary."

When I was cuddling with myself, I felt like it was yin and yang working together. There was the angelic part of me that wants so badly to care and love someone right now and there's the tired and raw part of me that wants to let go and be weak and vulnerable and be taken care of. And they were taking care of each other. They were satisfying each other's needs to love and be loved. But it was all self-love. Beautiful, comforting self-love.

And she reassured me of my place in the fabric of existence. She reminded me of who and what I am. She reminded me that I have wings of flowing white that I need to stretch once again.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM , Blogger JK said...

    I had a dream that I met you. Only you were quite short... like 5'. Like a pocket friend.

    Weird comment, I know, but it was weird dream.

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

    Meditations rocks. I do it all the time and get so much from it. Glad you had such a wonderful experience.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home