Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Seven People Broke Up With Me :(

I'm kinda bummed out. I've lost 7 students in the past couple of months. Not only is that a pretty good cut in pay - about $300 a month, but also, these are students who I've invested so much time and effort into. I'm sad to see them go :(

Teaching is like managing tons of little relationships. You have to be so much wrapped all into one. You have to make your students feel good about themselves, highlight their flaws in a gentle manner, always be patient and ready to explain yourself, look out for their best interests over your own, always push them to be their best, and so much more.

So, when a student stops studying with you, it's like they're breaking up with you. You get all those same feelings you get when a relationship ends. You start to question whether or not you were good for them, or whether their heart was really in it. You start to wonder if they ever enjoyed their time with you, and you wonder if the reason they left is because of you.

It's funny that there is a parallel between teaching and relationships. Remember how it felt when that one special person broke up with you? Now imagine 7 people breaking up with you, one right after another. It really breaks my spirit :(

8 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM , Blogger peachy said...

    Don't feel bad. Maybe they decided they were interested in something else. I'm sure you taught them a lot and they will always remember you.

    People move on..just like in relationships. :p

     
  • At 12:42 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    That's a pretty heavy thing to feel Q. 7 breakups in that short of time would drive me to drinking.

    I'm sure it wasn't because of you. Most likely it's what Peachy mentioned. Personally, I began and quit the Viola 3 times when I was younger. Not once did it have anything to do with the teacher.

    If it helps, I promise not to (blog)break-up with you. :)

    *hugs*

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Blogger Mogwai said...

    I know exactly what your talking about. When I was student teaching to get my teaching certificate, I never realized how much I had impacted those kids. On my last day, all of them signed this really big card and gave it to me and I thought I was going to cry.

    Teaching is hard that way but I think that is also why it is so rewarding.

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger The Mighty Anonymous said...

    That just makes the make-up sex that much better...

    Wait a minute...those are kids...

    YOU PREVERT!!!

     
  • At 12:03 AM , Blogger Minona said...

    haha

    anyways, that truly sucks Q.
    I'm not a teacher, my aunt is, but I know it's hard to see students go. :(

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Calvin said...

    ouch, thats gotta hurt.. hope you're doing ok :-)

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger The Mighty Anonymous said...

    It's hard to comment on your life when you don't post Q. Get moving!~

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Update your blog ya freaking ho-bag.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home