Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving :)

If I could tell how I how my Thanksgiving was in one word, it would be intimate. I spent nearly 10 hours cooking an entire Thanksgiving feast on my own.

On Wednesday nite, I cooked from 9PM to 1AM baking two homemade pumpkin pies from scratch, cubing a whole loaf of bread and toasting it in the oven, mincing and chopping green pepper, parsley, onion, carrots and celery for my homemade stuffing, rinsing and cleaning the 12 lbs. turkey and seasoning it inside and out, boiling the neck, gizzard, liver and heart with chicken stock to make the gravy stock, and washing all my dishes in preparation for the next day.

On Thursday, I woke up and started cooking by 10AM. I made my mom's 3-layer cream Jell-O, sauteed the remaining ingredients for the stuffing and combined them with the gravy stock to keep it moist while baking, seasoned the turkey again and then stuffed it until it was spilling out, mashed 5 lbs of potatoes, and all the while, cleaning my apartment from top to bottom to make sure everything was super clean for my guests. I stopped running around with my head cut off around 4PM.

I had 7 guests total: my co-worker, one of my best g/fs and her b/f, my best friend, a couple of old friends from school, and one new friend :) All the people who were invited didn't have the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with their families. That was the whole theme this Thanksgiving - since I couldn't go see my family, I wanted everyone else who was in my situation be able to spend a nice Thanksgiving with someone and eat a great meal :)

Everyone really enjoyed the food, and I practically had no leftovers! We watched Rat Race, played some Gamecube, played Cranium, and some of my guests ended up lip-locking at the end of the nite :P All-in-all, it was rewarding. I spent so much time cooking that when I could see my friend's faces when they were eating, it really made me happy :) In that way, I would say that my Thanksgiving was intimate: 8 people coming together to form a temporary family, enjoying one another's company along with a great meal and going home knowing they had spent time with others instead of braving the holiday alone, at home :) Knowing that made all the work worth it ;)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Mogwai said...

    It sounds like your Thanksgiving was very cool. Your description of your stuffing made me drool, no Thanksgiving is complete without stuffing.

    Thanksgiving is all about togetherness and family and I think what you did for your friends was really spiffy.

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger peachy said...

    What a wonderful time you had. Sorry you had to cook so much, but I'm sure it was worth it, the way you talked about your Thanksgiving. That's what it's all about.

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    Wow Quyen! When you mentioned to me that you were cooking, I didn't get it that you were cooking everything from scratch. That had to be an awesome dinner. It sure sounds great.

    I'm glad it all went so well for you. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home