Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

1) Exercise more

I won't join a gym or invest in new equipment. I'll just make room for my exercise ball and yoga mat everyday and flip on the exercise DVDs.

2) No more smoking

I smoke like once a month, if that, but I always feel like crap after I do. So, no more smoking for me.

3) Drink less

I'm getting rid of my at-home bar. I might throw a New Year's Eve party at my place and drink the rest of my full bar. I'm sad to see it go, but alcohol is a toxin, not a beverage :P

4) Get contacts

I'm finally going to take the plunge. 4 out of 5 people agree that I'd look hotter without glasses. I guess we'll "see" ;) Aren't I "punny"? :P

5) Practice safer sex

I'm going to get a fishbowl, fill it with condoms and put it on my nitestand. Who cares if people think I'm promiscuous? At least I'll be safe and I'll feel less uneasy after sex.

6) Make new friends

I'm going to be that girl who always has her cell phone going off. I hate having to depend on my small group of friends whenever I want to do something.

7) Get rid of old acquaintances

I have a lot of scummy people that I know, and they need to be purged. So, out with the old, in with the new ;)

8) Have a new adventure, once a month

I've always wanted to go wine tasting, or camping, or get all glammed up and go to a goth club or something. I want to try new things while I still have the energy to try it all :D

9) Start practicing my viola

I've been in a 2-year practicing funk. If I could practice just one hour a day, imagine how good I would be ;) Plus, I have to prep for my senior recital in the Fall of '06 ;)

10) Be more spiritual

It's been years since I've really taken spirituality seriously. I'd like to train in the meditative arts as well as hone my divinational skills. I think it would be something very important for me to do because my internal life is currently lacking a center :(

This will be a monthly updated blog, and I will keep track of my progress throughout the year. My end goal is to stay faithful to a minimum of 3 resolutions :)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    Good resolutions Quyen. You should never smoke. You are too attractive to do something gross like that.

    The safe sex is also a great idea. Death by STD has got to be the ultimate irony. What a way to go.

    You cna never have too many friends, but you sure can have too much 'scum' hanging onto you. Good idea to purge.

    I hope you manage your resolutions well. I may have to borrow your idea and try to keep a few also. Doing it on the blog may just keep me going in the right direction.

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Minona said...

    Those are great resolutions, I'm sure you'l be able to hold on to more than 3, but that's a good starting point.

     
  • At 9:17 PM , Blogger peachy said...

    #5 and #6 are key.
    So what if someone thinks you're promiscuous? At least you're prepared. And..being prepared and thought badly of is better than having a kid when you want to play your viola. :)

    Get rid of the bad people. It's not worth it. They just bring you down.

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger PlatinumGirl said...

    That's a pretty ambitious list -- not impossible, but certainly enough to keep you busy! Good luck.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home