Sexy, Dirty and Everything Flirty

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Game Playing

So after a short hiatus on dating, I'm back to it. But with dating comes all those stupid games, like how many days to wait before you call again, and the boy should pursue the girl, not the other way around. And even though I can see that these are stupid games, I get caught up in it.

Why can't two people just like each other? And then I get to thinking, what if he doesn't like me and it's not a game at all? What if I'm sitting here thinking he's playing "the game" and instead he's just not that into me? Or what if he is, but he thinks that I'm just not that into him?

It's so weird how we psyche ourselves out when dating. Why can't their be some sort of "last words" at the end of a date where you just say, "Hey, I am (am not) attracted to you. I do (don't) want to go out on a second date" Seriously, how much grief would this save us? We would never have to think about anything. No waiting for the phone to ring, wondering whether we made a good impression, no wondering whether we're attractive enough, etc.

But for now, I guess I'm going to have to wait by the phone. I'm expecting a call. I think :P

3 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger mc said...

    Hmmmmm, I'm waiting for the time when I can yet again enjoy that nervous feeling of waiting by the phone......Damm my shy disposition. :(

    Good luck, may you have much fun and not too long await.

     
  • At 4:39 AM , Blogger Yankeebob said...

    If I had a date with you I'd call as soon as I got home from the date.

    Would that be too obvious? ;)

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger JK said...

    Well, the great thing about dates is that you can make them go however you want and you can say whatever you want at the end.

    I guess the unknown part is how the other party will react, and what they will do with the information that you have given them.

    It's acrap shoot, but you can only do your part and hope for the best.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home